Caring for the Uplands
The Irish Uplands Forum pursues a partnership approach to sustainable management of upland areas and to support upland community groups to address local challenges.
THE IRISH UPLANDS FORUM
Irish Uplands Forum AGM 2023
IUF Biodiversity Week 2023 event, 10am Sat. 20th May
@ Mount Melleray Abbey, Glenshelane, Cappoquin, Co Waterford. P51 E3YY
In association with St Declan’s Way Committee and Knockmealdown Active
and with the monastic community of Mount Melleray
The main objective of IUF is to promote a partnership approach to the sustainable management of upland areas in Ireland north and south.
- Organise meetings, workshops and study visits to examine issues affecting the uplands
- Provide practical support to established and start-up local community to support.
- Sustainable local community management in upland areas.
- Undertake research on socio-economic and environmental issues affecting biodiversity, landscapes and communities in the uplands.
Support the Leave No Trace programme to promote responsible use of the outdoor environment.
- Contribute as an active member of Comhairle na Tuaithe to the implementation of the National Countryside Recreation Strategy
- Provide a resource centre on sustainable development in upland areas.
- Network with similar groups outside Ireland which support community based sustainable upland development.
MAKE A DONATION
Help Maintain Ireland’s Beauty
The Irish Uplands Forum (IUF) is a voluntary group of people who represent the views of a diverse group of stakeholders who live, work and recreate in Ireland’s upland areas. IUF is dedicated to the pursuit of a partnership approach to sustainable upland management which is centred on local community integration and involvement.
We Need Your Help
The main object of the Irish Uplands Forum is to promote the development of a partnership approach to the sustainable management of Upland areas in Ireland. Its policy is to carry out projects, generally in conjunction with other bodies around the country.
Become A Member and be part of something special