Upland Partnership Network Administrator ( part time contract )
The Irish Uplands Forum (IUF) is seeking a flexible, enthusiastic and excellent communicator for the role
of part-time administrator on a consultancy basis with an initial contract for 8 months. Delivery of
services outlined below are key to maintaining and building the IUF network and communications. The
role is suitable for remote working with a requirement to attend the annual AGM, various networking
events and online meetings as required.
Role & Responsibilities
• Maintain regular digital and direct communications with IUF membership on activities and
• Maintain the IUF website and social media channels with current news and information.
• Deliver a social media campaign to raise awareness of Upland issues, events and developments
• Prepare and issue IUF quarterly e-zine as newsletter in conjunction with board officers
• Provide planning & preparatory support for IUF national network events such as workshops,
field trips and webinars/ e-lectures.
• Communicate with upland interest groups across the island of Ireland and others concerned
with upland and rural matters in relation to the work of IUF.
• Prepare reports for funders and others in conjunction with IUF Board officers.
• Produce monthly Activity Report for the IUF Board and other duties as may be assigned by IUF.
• Carry out these duties in accordance with agreed policies and procedures of IUF.
The successful candidate shall demonstrate:
• high level of understanding of the role of a network administrator.
• excellent administration and communications skills; ability to meet deadlines.
• excellent IT and social media skills.
• clear understanding of the principles of sustainable development and inclusive partnership
• energy and enthusiasm matched with capability to support IUF’s work
• Clean driving licence
Hours of Work: Est. 19 hours per week / 34 weeks
Consultancy Value: €14,500 incl. of VAT
Duration of Contract: April 2023 to end of November 2023 – renewable, subject to funding
The duties and responsibilities outlined in the job description are not meant to be definitive or restrictive and may be modified to meet the changing needs of the organisation. Candidates whodemonstrate an ability to be flexible will be encouraged.
How to apply:
Application is by your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
For further information on the Irish Uplands Forum and our activities, please see
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Tuesday 28/03/2023
The Irish Uplands Forum is an equal opportunity organisation and seeks to contract the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, colour, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic.
This position is funded through The Heritage Capacity Fund 2023 of the Heritage Council of Ireland.